March for Life – Washington DC RTLNEO bus trip
January 24 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Right to Life of Northeast Ohio will be hosting a one day bus trip to Washington, DC for the 2020 March for Life.
Our tentative schedule is as follows:
- Depart Akron at 12:00am, January 24, 2020. Parking is available in the Tangiers parking deck at 532 West Market in Akron. The bus will leave from in front of Tangiers.
- Arrive in Washington DC, around 9:30 am.
- There will be at least two rest stops on the trip from Akron to Washington. The last stop will be a breakfast stop (probably fast food); breakfast is at your expense.
- Activity choices for the morning after arrival are still being formulated. We will provide you with a map to give you your options.
- March for Life Rally: A pre-rally concert begins at 11am, and the rally starts at noon. The rally takes place near the Washington Monument. Your map will show a location if you want to meet up with the group for the rally.
- March for Life begins at 1pm. We will march down Constitution Avenue from the Washington Monument to the Supreme Court (approximately 2.1 miles). Depending on how long the march takes (previous marchers know that sometimes there are interminable delays!), we may be attending a reception either at the U.S. Capitol or at a congressional or senate office.
- Depart Washington DC at approximately 5:30 PM
- There will probably be at least two rest stops on the trip from Washington to Akron. The first stop will be a dinner stop (sit down dinner at Cracker Barrel or similar location); dinner is at your expense.
- Return to Akron (Tangiers parking deck) at approximately 1am on January 25.
- All times are approximate. More details will be available closer to the event
- We will provide signs to carry for the march.
- We will also provide a box lunch (in a bag!) that you will take with you when you leave the bus in Washington.
- We cannot take unaccompanied minors on this trip. Any minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Dress appropriately! We never know how warm or cold the weather may be! Keep in mind that if you plan on going into any of the federal buildings, you must go through security. It is recommended NOT to take back packs or large bags of any kind because they will be searched and hold up the line.
Cost of trip: $50.00 per person
You can click on the link below to register and pay for this trip in full immediately online, or you can call our office at 330-762-2785 to reserve your seat to mail or drop off your deposit. SEATS ARE LIMITED!!!
RESERVATION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 30